Simple and tasty, this zesty home-grown side dish to your main meal is a French family flavoursome favourite!
This can replace a regular portion of salad or vegetables or be eaten as a lighter bite or snack. This one is great for using up leftover vegetables, Ooh-la-la!
- 2 courgettes
- 2 Aubergines
- 1 Yellow pepper (red or green too!)
- 1 medium-large red onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 10g Butter or 10-15ml olive oil
- Tinned or chopped tomatoes
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Tomato Puree
- Black Pepper
- Lemon Zest
Please note that our recipes are an approximate guideline – Quantities along with ingredients are totally adaptable to suit personal taste, consistency and density as well as portion sizes.
Please note that our recipes are an approximate guideline - Quantities along with ingredients are totally adaptable to suit personal taste, consistency and density as well as portion sizes.
- Chop your chosen vegetables into 1cm/bite size pieces or strips.
- Heat some oil in a pan and soften your onions, peppers, aubergines, courgettes and crushed garlic.
- Add the tinned or chopped tomatoes and garlic. For flavour add to taste – thyme and basil, black pepper, lemon zest and balsamic vinegar. Tomato puree will add texture and colour as well as a richer flavour of tomato.
- Allow to simmer until you’re happy with the flavour and texture – taste testing for best results and serve!
20-30 mins prepping and cooking time.