Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup
A winter warming quick dish you can batch cook and store.
Just to go one better, you can also add some crispy smoked bacon pieces/lardons to give this hearty soup even more flavour.
- 4 Rashers of Smoked Streaky Bacon (Optional)
- 1 Broccoli (You can use up some cauliflower too)
- 1 medium Onion
- Chicken or Vegetable Stock Cube
- 75g Soft Blue Cheese (or cheese of choice).
- Salt and Pepper to for seasoning
Please note that our recipes are an approximate guideline - Quantities along with ingredients are totally adaptable to suit personal taste, consistency and density as well as portion sizes.
- Heat your oil on a medium level in a pan ready to soften your onions
- Add the broccoli and crumble in your stock cube. Pour in your water (approx 1 litre) and bring to the boil.
- Simmer until the broccoli has softened
- You can blend for a smooth soup or leave chunky, but allow it to cool before mixing and then return to the pan and heat.
- Stir in your cheese and season to taste, you can add water or thicken with a teaspoon of cornflour.
- Serve with a sprinkle of bacon on top or stir in. Why not add some croutons too!
- Crusty fresh bread and butter is always a winner with soup