A taste of Tenerife! A classic Canary Island side that goes with many meals.
This Canarian alternative to normal boiled potatoes is so easy to make!
Serve with salad, sauces and your chosen meat or fish.
Please note that our recipes are an approximate guideline - Quantities along with ingredients are totally adaptable to suit personal taste, consistency and density as well as portion sizes.
1. Using only small potatoes, wash well and place in a pan of water as you normally would to cook boiled potatoes. Leave unpeeled and whole.
2. Add the salt and cook for approx 20 minutes until tender but firm.
3. Drain away the water leaving a small amount and return the pan to the heat.
4. Stir around the potatoes to prevent burning for a few minutes and watch as the water evaporates, the salt clings to the skins, which are wrinkly in appearance.
5. Serve hot with your chosen accompaniments.