A hot homemade treat to go with your cold meats!
A sizzling savoury-sweet jam to compliment your cold meats and cheeses, a well presented jar can also make a lovely gift; feel free to adapt the recipe to your liking.
Please note that our recipes are an approximate guideline - Quantities along with ingredients are totally adaptable to suit personal taste, consistency and density as well as portion sizes.
1. Mix and blend your chopped peppers, chillies, ginger and garlic
2. Add to a pan with your tomatoes, sugar and red wine vinegar and bring to the boil.
3. Skim off any surface scum and bring down to a simmer for approx 45 minutes, stirring occasionally so that it doesn't stick to the pan or burn.
4. When the mix is nice and sticky, cook for about 15 minutes more, continuing to stir regularly until it's thickened and bubbling
5. Allow to cool and then store in airtight jars. Refridgerate once opened.