Moist with delicious bursts of ginger, what a way to cook your parsnips!
A sweet, seasonal treat!
Please note that our recipes are an approximate guideline - Quantities along with ingredients are totally adaptable to suit personal taste, consistency and density as well as portion sizes.
1 Pre-heat your oven to 180c and grease a large square cake tin or line with greaseproof baking paper.
2. Mix the eggs, oil or butter, dates, ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract until combined really well (preferably in a blender).
3. Add the parsnips, flour and baking powder and mix well again until you have a soft batter.
4. Pour into the cake tin, spreading it out to get an even layer, and to the sides. Press in the stem ginger randomly.
5. Bake for approx 45 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Allow the cake to cool and then remove it gently on to a cooling rack.
7. Cut into portions and serve.