An Eastern European traditional beetroot based soup with seasonal vegetables!
A sour tasting soup with hearty and healthy vegetables, traditionally served on special occasions and celebrations including Christmas.
- 3 Medium beetroot (Sliced)
- 1 Carrot (Sliced)
- 1 Large potato (Diced)
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Garlic cloves (Crushed)
- 2 Tomatoes (Peeled and chopped)
- 1/3 White Cabbage (Shredded)
- 1.5 Litres of Beef stock
- 1 Celery Stick (Chopped)
- Olive Oil
- Sour cream
Please note that our recipes are an approximate guideline - Quantities along with ingredients are totally adaptable to suit personal taste, consistency and density as well as portion sizes.
- Sautee the carrot, onion, celery, beetroot, garlic and potato until soft in a little oil.
- Add the stock and then bring it to about boiling, turn down and simmer for approx 15 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and tomatoes and leave for another 20 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve with a dollop of sour cream on top.