A Mediterranean favourite that’s both versatile and flavoursome!
A lovely ‘left-over’ opportunity to use up those veggies! Why not add some parmesan cheese or garlic bread!
- Broken up spaghetti or pasta shapes
- Shredded cabbage
- Garlic cloves
- Peas, beans or ANY vegetables you like
- Tinned tomatoes
- Tomato puree
- 1 medium-large brown onion
- 10g Butter or 10-15ml olive oil
- Black Pepper
- 2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
Please note that our recipes are an approximate guideline – Quantities along with ingredients are totally adaptable to suit personal taste, consistency and density as well as portion sizes.
Please note that our recipes are an approximate guideline - Quantities along with ingredients are totally adaptable to suit personal taste, consistency and density as well as portion sizes.
- This recipe is a real guide only as it’s so flexible in that you can add or leave out just about anything you wish! We have listed some ‘classic’ ingredients as a point of reference but you can use up anything you like such as beans, sweetcorn, peas as well as herbs according to taste. You may even choose to spice it up a bit too!
- Soup Makers are a kitchen dinner winner for quick convenience using your fresh produce for a warming healthy and hearty appetiser. You can ‘chuck’ all your ingredients in and press the button!
- However, if you are making soup the traditional way on your hob, here’s how:
- Soften the onions in some oil in a large pan and then add your crushed garlic cloves. Add water and vegetables and pasta, bring to the boil and simmer. Add your tinned tomatoes, a tablespoon of tomato puree and herbs to taste. Thicken with your chosen stock cubes and season with pepper.
- 20-30 mins prepping and cooking time.
- Fab for the flask to take to the allotment on a cold day!