A Mexican fiery medley of meat and mixed beans
Please note that our recipes are an approximate guideline - Quantities along with ingredients are totally adaptable to suit personal taste, consistency and density as well as portion sizes.
You can swap beef mince for an alternative meat or Quorn; or simply mixed beans and chopped vegetables.
1. Fry off the mince in a pan with your chopped onions and peppers until softened and the mince is browned off.
2. Add and stir in your herbs and spices - quantity is to taste and you can of course simply use chilli powder. (Add little and gradually so that it isn't too hot and spicy for you).
3. Continuing to stir-in, add your tomato puree (you can use Passata too)
4. Add and stir in your beans of choice.
5. Add the tinned tomatoes and stir-in. Optional but you can add a vegetable stock cube to add a bit more depth.
6. Allow to simmer on low, stirring occasionally. You can cool down the spice heat with some plain yoghurt if you wish.
7. Serve with boiled rice or top off a fluffy jacket potato!