A delicious warm start to the day, you can bake and store for the busy week ahead and eat on the go too.
Quick and simple to make and you can fill your muffins with anything you please - asparagus, peas, broccoli florets to name a few and if you like to include some 'protein' you could add bacon pieces, sausage slices and more. Feta chunks work well too. How about a sprinkle of herbs or spices? For a sweet morning treat you can use banana and other fruits. Please create your own chosen muffins, with a little help from us.
Please note that our recipes are an approximate guideline - Quantities along with ingredients are totally adaptable to suit personal taste, consistency and density as well as portion sizes.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c and grease or line a muffin tin.
2. If you're including vegetables, par-boil in a saucepan of water for approx 10 minutes.
3. If your including meats, fry them off in a little oil for a few minutes first before baking.
4. Beat the eggs in a bowl, adding some salt and pepper - spices or herbs too if you wish!
5. Divide your fillings by adding a few of each in each individual muffin case and then pour over your egg mixture equally to top up the muffins. You might also want to add a small handful of grated cheese.
6. Bake in the oven for approx 20 minutes or until golden and risen.
7. Allow to cool and garnish with some fresh herb leaves or sliced tomato...or a topping of your choice.
8. Serve with a side salad or munch on the go! You can store them in the fridge for a few days in an airtight container.