Super food at it's best with this crispy seaweed alternative to accompany your own Chinese fakeaway
Please note that our recipes are an approximate guideline - Quantities along with ingredients are totally adaptable to suit personal taste, consistency and density as well as portion sizes.
1. Wash and dry your Kale - ensure the Kale is not wet at all.
2. Cut off the stems and shred the leaves into smaller pieces
3. Spread out the leaves on a baking tray (on greaseproof paper) - If they are lifted and not entirely flat, this helps them crisp up.
4. Drizzle some oil over the leaves, scatter some sesame seeds and add your chosen seasonings - in this case Chinese Five Spice and salt, sugar and pepper.
5. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes at 220c and then turn for another 10 minutes - watching closely for them to go slightly golden and crispy, not burnt!
6. You can lower the temperature and cook for longer.