A comforting classic using up leftovers to warm the soul!
Everybody loves a tasty chicken soup, especially when we're feeling under the weather! Please feel free to adapt to your own tastes.
Please note that our recipes are an approximate guideline - Quantities along with ingredients are totally adaptable to suit personal taste, consistency and density as well as portion sizes.
1 Melt the butter in a saucepan and heat gently to fry the onions, celery and carrots until they start to soften.
2. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the chicken stock and bring the mixture to the boil, stirring continually.
4. Season with salt and pepper, then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
5. Add the cooked chicken and cook until heated through. You may want to adjust the thickness of your soup with water (for thinner) or flour (for thicker). Stir in the parsley and any herbs you wish according to your taste.
6. Serve with a fresh hunk of bread and butter.