Ginormous glut of courgettes? Chocolate cake is always the answer!
A gooey and moist cake full of goodness; this is a must try!
125 Plain flour
35g Good quality cocoa powder
1 teaspoons Bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2-1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
175 ml Oil
170 Grated courgette
45 Chopped walnuts/nuts
Please note that our recipes are an approximate guideline - Quantities along with ingredients are totally adaptable to suit personal taste, consistency and density as well as portion sizes.
1. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. Grease a medium-large cake tin.
3. Add to a bowl and stir the flour, sugar, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
4. Add the eggs and oil, combine well.
5. Fold in the nuts and courgette until they are evenly spread through the mixture.
6. Pour into the cake tin and spread evenly and to the sides with a flat knife or spatula.
7. Bake for approx 40 minutes in the oven, or until the cake is firm with a bounce.
8. Allow to cool before icing or decorating and cut into portions.