A tangy snack or serve with cream for an indulgent dessert
Tangy and moist is this delicious fruit loaf, which makes for a great seasonal treat in place of chocolate (or as well as!) at Christmas time. Please adapt to your liking.
Please note that our recipes are an approximate guideline - Quantities along with ingredients are totally adaptable to suit personal taste, consistency and density as well as portion sizes.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180c and grease or line a baking loaf tin
2. Gently simmer your oranges in a pan for about an hour or until soft, if you prefer - prick the oranges with a knife several times and place in the microwave on full for about 10 mins.
3. Allow the oranges to cool then cut in half and remove the pips.
4. Blend the oranges, dates and eggs with some oil and mix well.
5. Add the ground almonds, baking powder and a couple of tablespoons of water and mix again until you have a soft, thick batter.
6. Pour into your baking tin, spreading it evenly and out to the sides. Sprinkle the flakes almonds on top.
7. Bake for approx 45 minutes or until golden and firm.
8. Allow to cool, transfer to a cooling rack. Then cut into portions and serve.