Classic English accompaniment you can make and also use up vegetables!
A classic comfort taste to add to your salad or cold meats and cheeses with a great combination of veggies you can use up - Do feel free to adapt to your own tastes.
Please note that our recipes are an approximate guideline - Quantities along with ingredients are totally adaptable to suit personal taste, consistency and density as well as portion sizes.
1. Add the vinegar, English mustard, garlic, mustard seeds, turmeric, sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt to a saucepan.
2. Gently bring to the boil, until little bubbles form around the edge of the pan.
3. Add the vegetables and mix well to cover them in the liquid, then remove from the heat.
4. Press the vegetables into the liquid, then leave to pickle for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
5. When cool, drain off the liquid and store in an air tight jar, refridgerate when opened.