A traditional accompaniment or filling for your poultry, oozing with flavour
A flavoursome filler for your roast dinner plates, you can cook individually or stuff your poultry to add flavour to your bird!
Please note that our recipes are an approximate guideline - Quantities along with ingredients are totally adaptable to suit personal taste, consistency and density as well as portion sizes.
You can include sausagemeat, bacon lardons or both to enhance the flavour and texture - (unless you'd like to keep your stuffing mixture meat-free) as well as adding other herbs and spices to compliment the dish you're creating. For a classic tasty sage and onion stuffing, we have a very quick and easy way to make it from scratch; earning you an extra gold star on Christmas day!
1. Grate up a small loaf that may be going stale and soak
2. Add your other ingredients and seasoning into a bowl
3. Mix well until all of the ingredients are well combined. Easier to do with your hands!
4. Transfer to a dish to bake as a whole or alternatively roll into individual balls about golf ball size and place on a baking tray.
To cook within your turkey, chicken or chosen poultry, simply stuff inside. (Ensure any giblets are removed first!).
If you're feeling clever, take a flat knife and separate the skin from the flesh and stuff down there instead or as well as. This helps keep the breast meat moist too.
5. To cook separately, place in the oven on 180c for approx 20-25 minutes until crispy and golden brown on top.
6. To cook within a turkey or chicken, allow the same time as you would roasting your chosen bird/meat and maybe add 15-30 mins to ensure it is thoroughly cooked in the middle if it has no room for air and is very 'stuffed'